.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Can't Get Enough...Sleep

I've been averaging 9 hours of sleep each night during the week. Friday and Saturday nights I've been getting about 12 to 15 hours of sleep each night. That's not including napping hours. It seems that I can't get enough sleep. Do you know that feeling of not being able to fall asleep because you're too rested? Lately, I don't have any trouble falling asleep unless stomach pain makes it difficult.  I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but sometimes I think it's like a sleep walk, sleep poop kind of thing. I don't struggle to get back to sleep. When I take a nap, I have to set an alarm to wake me up, or else I risk not waking up until the morning. Just yesterday afternoon, I was studying on the couch for my exam on Tuesday and the next thing I know I'm waking up around 9pm thanks to some noisy kids upstairs. I fell asleep. I don't even remember thinking that I was tired. I lost about 5 hours of study time because I unintentionally fell asleep. I stayed awake long enough to move from the couch to my bed. It wasn't until this morning that I realized I was hungry because I wasn't awake to eat dinner last night. I love sleeping, but it makes it hard to live a productive life when all  I ever want to do is sleep.  Am I depressed? I don't think so. Am I sick? It seems I'm almost always sick in some way. Am I tired? I'm so tired that even my tired is tired.