.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Pray for my Grandpa

I've been meaning to blog about this sooner, but I kept waiting in hopes to get more information. My family is bad at communicating, so I don't have a lot of info.  Since his surgery is tomorrow postponing this post must end today. My grandpa (dad's dad) is having heart surgery tomorrow to replace a valve and undergo some sort of bypass. Umm, that sounds like open heart surgery. I don't completely understand what that means, but it sounds more serious than my family is treating it. My grandpa will be having the surgery at the VA hospital in Tampa. I've heard that he'll be in the hospital over in Tampa at least a week for recovery after surgery, but when I talked to my grandpa last night he thinks he'll be home by the weekend.  The pre-testing procedures he had done last week have left nasty bruises on his arms. I visited with him yesterday and he seems just as calm as the rest of the family does about it.

Please pray for my grandpa, that the surgery will be successful and without complications, and for a quick recovery. My grandpa's older brother from NJ is flying into town in a week and I pray this will help his recovery.