.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

What a Weekend

          I got to the hotel in Sebring, FL around noon yesterday. Thankfully, I transported the glass center pieces in my trunk safely. Taylor was super ahead of schedule, so the tables were ready for the center pieces after I cleaned them. After putting some candles in them and setting up the candy table, I was able to take a three hour nap in our hotel room. While I napped Taylor waited for the cake to be delivered and greeted family and friends arriving to the hotel early to check in.

           Taylor interrupted my nap briefly so that's when I gave her our friendship turd. She originally gifted this turd to me when she wrapped my toilet for Christmas a couple years ago. Basically, the friendship turd signifies that no matter what shit we're going through in life we'll always be there for each other. I told her when she moved that I'd give "The Turd" to her the next time I saw her. She requested that I put glitter on it first, so I painted it with glittery nail polish. Now the glittery friendship turd is in her possession and I'll get it back the next time I see her.

          The party was amazing! The table decor, cake, and candy table were gorgeous. The open bar was open for the whole party from 6pm-10pm. I enjoyed whiskey and coke before I got on the dance floor. The DJ was so great that he even played the Hokey-Pokey for the kids. Taylor pointed out that her grandma dances better than I do and I couldn't argue. I especially loved dancing with the birthday lady to Love Shack by the B52's.  I knew all of the immediate family, which were only a small percentage of all of the party guests. Except for the kids, I think there was only one other single person there besides me, which was obvious whenever slow songs polluted the air. It didn't bother me because that's when the bar area cleared out. The other single person was Taylor's cousin Samantha. I've hung out with Sam before and she's fun. It didn't surprise me when she asked me to dance with her on the final song of the night, which happened to be a slow one. We twirled, rocked back and forth and held hands. lol Then we joked about how we couldn't promise each other a kiss at the end of the night. Overall, the party was a hit. I regret not getting a picture of me in my dress because I think I looked damn good.

          After I helped Taylor break down and clean up, we went up to Mr. and Mrs. Conklin's room to watch her open gifts. Before she opened mine, she predicted that I got her diapers. Does she know me or what! =)  When Mr. Conklin saw the power lift bra, he requested that she put it on. My other gag gifts for her brought smiles and laughter. The gift opening was followed by an after-party in someone's hotel room. Drunk people can be funny as shit. We (Taylor, Kenny and I) didn't stay at the after-party long. I went to bed around midnight, but I was up in the bathroom throughout the night. Thank God for Poo-Pourii... it's a life saver in a hotel room. I ate breakfast with Taylor and her family this morning before loading the center pieces back in my car and heading home.