.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Moment When...

The moment when you start looking forward to a relaxing weekend filled with naps and sleeping, and then realize that you have plans.

How sad... I was bummed when I remembered I was going to be busy this weekend. This coming weekend has kind of given me mixed emotions because I originally was excited to go to Mrs. Conklin's 50th birthday party in Lake Placid. But, I thought I'd be feeling better by then and I'm not. This will be my first time seeing Taylor since she's moved away, so I should be stoked. However, I'm dreading how much energy this weekend will take from me: driving to Lake Placid, helping Taylor setup, putting on my happy face and enjoying the party, driving from Lake Placid to Tampa to visit my grandpa, and then driving from Tampa back home.

On a lighter note, what kind of gift do you get for someone turning 50? That's easy, a care package. Here's a list of things I got for the care package:
  • Anti-aging lotion
  • A pill holder/planner
  • Fixodent - denture adhesive cream
  • Ointment for arthritis, joint and muscle pain relief
  • Disposable underwear
  • Tums
  • Gerber apple sauce
  • A small bag of marbles
  • A power lift bra
  • Picture frame
I think I've mastered the art of gift giving.