.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Update: Hearts, School and My Bowels

The doctors told my dad that my grandpa's surgery went fine. My dad got to see him, but he was still knocked out last I heard. Praise Jesus the surgery went well! Thanks for praying. Please continue to pray for his recovery. Before surgery grandpa told my sister that he'd be up chasing the nurses around in no time.

For the record, senior level classes in college are hard. How do so many people graduate? The exam I took today was a challenge. If I had an exam like this when I was a freshman, I would have wanted to quit. Everything about it was scary. lol It was one of the most difficult exams I've ever taken. I never dreamed I'd want to beg for more essay questions until I encountered the multiple choice part of the test I took today. It took me 70 minutes to work through 20 multiple choice questions and the remaining 40 minutes to answer the 5 essay questions. Last semester I took a 50 question, multiple choice exam in 9 minutes. Does that tell you how difficult this one was?   International Financial Management is a complicated subject to say the least.  Exchange rates, currency options, J-Curve effects, economic factors like inflation, interest rates and national income, economic factors' relationship with the strength and weakness of a currency. I love it! I hate it! I need a nap!

I've been having some stomach pain again. My BMs haven't been pretty either, if you know what I mean. Won't this just go away? I don't want to deal with it now. Who am I kidding... I never want to deal with it. If I ignore it, will it go away? Let's see. A friend of mine with UC (ulcerative colitis) told me today that these diseases (IBD: Crohn's and UC) SUCK! She's been there, she knows, she understands and she's right. I'm so glad I met friends like her from Team Challenge.