.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Summer School - Term A

          Term A of the summer semester started today. I'm taking a senior level, six week course on International Financial Management. I'll have three exams and a team project/presentation within those six weeks. I think I'll have to cut back on naps, but that's okay because I think I'm really going to like the material. I'm hoping that since this is a senior level class the team project won't be such a burden with lazy teammates. In other words, by this point U.C.F.'s college of business should have weeded out the dumb, unproductive people that always find their way to group projects in lower level courses. At least, I'm hopeful. For now, my team consists of three men and a lady (me). We've already picked Google as the company we'll be analyzing and giving our presentation on its 10K report.

          I love to travel and I used to let the lack of time due to school be an excuse not to. My trips to Napa, Nashville, Miami and NY have proved to me that I can go on a short trip and still do well in school. Even if I got a C on my one exam after I returned from NY. I was waiting to get my syllabus today to make sure I wouldn't have an exam on the weekend I want to go to Texas to see my friend, Veronica, and attend the last George Strait concert with her in Dallas. Luckily, the exam that falls closest to the trip is one day before I want to leave and two days before the big show.  I'm excited to talk to her tonight and work out the details. I miss her and her mom.

P.S. I get to give myself injections tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.