.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

No Cable, No Problem

          I've been without cable for 7 months and I don't miss it. It not only saves money, it also saves time. I can't even imagine how much time I wasted on watching stupid TV shows just because they were on. Granted, I probably spend most of my freed up time taking more naps. At least I think that's time better spent than before. I'm also able to focus more on school work. I like to search the web for interesting articles and research random things like where boats in marinas go to dump their sewage.

          In years past, I used to be a TV junkie. I'd watch almost anything. Not anymore. Now I use my mom's Netflix account and I watch some shows online, but it's nothing compared to the amount of shows I kept up with before.  I don't watch the news anymore and I don't watch sporting events unless I go to my parents or the local sports bar. I follow them online instead. After the show of my life ended in May of 2010, something changed for me. No other show seems to come close to the character developments and smart, quick plots that challenged me to interpret their meanings. People love to hate it, but "LOST" is unquestionably the best in my TV show collection. It's a show that takes time to understand and interpret by re-watching it over and over again. It was a lovely love affair that's for sure.

          A few shows I keep up with now are "Two Broke Girls," "The Big Bang Theory," "Vampire Diaries," "The Following," and "Arrow."