.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Am I Getting Better, Or Am I Not?

So, I thought my stomach was just sore from everything it put me through on Monday because it hurt today, but it wasn't like the pain from Monday. My lower abdomen hurt, but I could easily deal with it. However, if I had to give myself injections today, I'd have to learn how to give it to myself in the thighs because my stomach was feeling really uncomfortable. It was sore to touch. It was tough to stand straight. Letting gas out didn't even help, it just knocked everyone else out. My bowels were much calmer during the day today. Today when I went to the bathroom after I got home from work, I thought I was just letting out a lot of gas. Until I looked in the toilet to find an uneasy amount of bloody puss. Whatever is causing this must be causing the pain, too.

Everyone's first reaction is always, "You need to go to the doctor!" And then when I don't go right away, it's suddenly my fault I'm sick. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to down play this whole episode. I love when my one sister asks me, "You're still sick?" Obviously, I'm being sarcastic. I hate it when she does that. If you're sick of me being sick, imagine how sick of being sick I must be.  Listen, I'm due for my injections in less than a week, so I'm going to wait it out and hope they will get things under control. Crohn's is an incurable disease, so it's not like the doctor has answers. He will likely put me on a dose of the mask all the symptoms in the world drug, Prednisone, and I hate being on the steroid. It makes me fucking insane, but I can't deny that it helps.

I really hope this isn't getting serious... How serious does it have to get for me to seek help? I'd hate to blow a $50 copay if I knew I'd be feeling better next week.