.

Friday, May 23, 2014

All My Friends Know

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a lot of friends. In friendships, I look for quality, not quantity. One thing is certain, anyone I consider a friend knows poop makes me smile and laugh. Jokes, books, and videos about poop really lighten my mood. Even though I deal with a shitty disease I'm still able to find the humor in poop, butts and farts. I'm thankful for that. Strangely enough, I feel bad for those who have lost their cockroach. Watch this video to explain the cockroach reference: http://youtu.be/JsinmLHiItI 

I've been having a rough time lately... pain, diarrhea, and fatigue have been beating me up. In times like this, I'm glad I don't have a lot of friends because I feel I don't even have the energy for the friends I do have. I know I'm sleeping my life away, but it means I'm sleeping through life happenings of their lives, too. I'm grateful my friends are understanding of my non-seasonal, hermit like habits.

Today my friend, Brittany, made my day. Heck, she made my week! She mailed me a book all about poop! That's how awesome she is! Thanks to her, I'll be able to tell the difference between dog and hippo feces. Can't wait to enjoy the book while I take a dump. Dear future friends and boyfriends, this is how you make me feel special. Every time my friends make me smile and laugh it reminds me that I am indeed blessed. The poop book means more to me than I can put into words. How lucky I am to call Brittany my friend.

"Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you." -Langston Hughes