.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers

Two of my sisters and I took my mom to the SAK Comedy Mother's Day improv show to celebrate. It was lots of fun! I loved watching my mom enjoy herself and hearing her laugh. My dad and other sister, Leigha, didn't want to join us and their decision to stay home really annoyed me for some reason. Anyways, no matter how much crap my mom and I give each other I love her like crazy.

I have to give a virtual high five to all you moms out there. I'm not a mother and I don't think I'll ever be a mother. Motherly instincts have never been something I possessed and I just don't want that kind of responsibility. I can't imagine needing to have the energy every day to care for a kid. The super parents out there that have more than one ball of energy make me wonder how it's even possible to survive with kids. There are days when I don't have the energy to even care for myself. I'm a grown adult and my mother still takes care of me when I'm too weak and sick to take care of myself. The job really is never ending and I want to give props to all those who are brave enough to have a kid.

Just an idea... there should be a day to celebrate I'm Never Gonna Be a Mother's Day. Folks can thank me for not breeding and I can enjoy things I like to do. I like pooping in peace and quiet. I like having time to take a nap. I like showers that aren't rushed. I hate having to change my diaper, but I'd rather deal with my shit than someone else's crap. Others would shower me in gifts and kind words of appreciation. It'd also be a good way to let someone know that you think they should be celebrated on Never Gonna Be a Mother's Day by giving them condoms as a gift to celebrate the day. lol