.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Trip To Sunrise

I left after work on Friday to go visit Taylor. It took me about three and a half hours to get there and it rained most of my drive down, which sucked. However, getting to see Taylor made it worth it. Wicked rain, wind, thunder and lighting accompanied me on the Turnpike, which slowed my pace. I arrived at Taylor's a little after 7:45pm. Then, Taylor, Kenny, Sean, Chelsea, and I went to P.F. Chang. Yeah, I was the fifth wheel, but I didn't mind.  I had amazing kung pao chicken. We followed P.F. Chang with Funky Buddha Brewery. The brewery was awesome because they had their own micro brews on tap, plus they had numerous tables to play games at. You sign out games from the game room like Apples to Apples, Monopoly, etc... then you sit in the well lit bar area with music at a lower volume than a typical club so that you can play the games and drink their great brews. I fell in love with their Hop Gun IPA. I've never tasted a beer like it before and it makes me want to try more local breweries around Orlando.  We closed the brewery and I'm not sure what time we got back to Taylor's place, but I know it was Saturday. I slept on their fold-out couch, which was surprisingly comfortable.

Saturday's wake up call came early because her birthday party started at 10am. By the time, we got up, got dressed, and folded up the couch bed Mrs. Conklin was knocking on the door. Slowly, people trickled in, Taylor's grandma and grandpa, Katrina, Kenny's sister's, Alisa and Emily, and CJ. It was storming, so we had to post pone the pool party. Taylor opened gifts and everyone snacked. Eventually, the storm let up enough for us to move the party to the pool only for another storm to chase us back into the apartment. We sang, ate cake, played games, and watched a movie. During this time a few people left and I went into Taylor and Kenny's room to take a nap while everyone else played another game.  By the time I woke up it was time to go to the Game Room, which is like a knock off of Dave and Buster's. Mrs. Conklin, Taylor, Kenny, Sean, Alisa, and I went to the Game Room where we raced, shot things, played guitar hero, bowled, and played air hockey.  I left in the middle of gaming because I wanted to get back home before midnight. I had a blast celebrating with Taylor, and I know it meant a lot to her that I came to celebrate with her. I love seeing her new place and where she calls home. Though I wish we would have gotten some time together without everyone else around... I'm just greedy like that I guess.

The friendship turd is now in my hands, so I get to think about how I want to enhance it this time.