.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Didn't Fail My First MAR 3203 Exam

MAR 3203 is my Supply Chain Management class. It's a core class for all business majors and there are around 900 students in my class. UCF only offers this class with one professor, so I had no choice but to take it with this seemingly unqualified professor who used to be an airline pilot.  According to Rate My Professor, students agree "his tests are impossible," "he's HORRIBLE at teaching," "the only C I received in my entire college career," "study and pray to alluh [I pray to my God]," "don't bother watching his lectures because they are a waste of time," and I can now confirm "he is the worst professor ever"!

I knew going into this semester that I would be spending the bulk of my study time on this class. This class has completely consumed me. I watch the lectures on double speed just to catch anything that might be valuable, but usually he just vaguely talks about what we'll be going over in the future, what he went over in the past (which is nothing other than mention what we will go over in the future), and he conducts surveys from the classroom live that eats most of the class period. I read the entire chapters we're supposed to be going over in class, and I do the online homework that I teach myself on. I just hate that I paid to learn from this guy and I'm getting zero value out of him. I worked my butt off since the beginning of the semester to teach myself the four chapters on the exam I took yesterday because I knew it was going to be "impossible."

The mean score on the exam was 112 out of 180, a measly 62%. That means well over half of the class failed the exam. When over half a class fails an exam the main reason is that the professor failed its students. It's sad that as hard as I worked I only got 150 out of 180, an 83%. I don't credit the professor at all, I taught myself 83% of the material. Normally, an 83% would irritate me, but I'm so happy I didn't fail the exam because I went into it expecting to fail. Even while taking the exam, I thought I don't know where these questions are coming from. There's no way, I'm going to make it out alive. Alive being above 70%.