.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

5 Things I "Googled" This Week

1. "FEMA Flood Map"

I searched "FEMA Flood Map" to find and print a flood map for the property I'm appraising in my real estate class. The search led me to this website: https://msc.fema.gov/portal. a) Type address in the box that says "enter an address" and click the blue "search" button. b) Click "view" icon with magnifying glass.  c) Zoom in and find property on the map. d) click "make a FIRMette" e) Drag the pink box over the area the property is located. f) Click "create FIRMette PDF". g) Save and print the Flood Insurance Rate Map.


2.  "elevator pitches for students"

Part of preparing for the career expo is fine tuning my elevator pitch, which is a thirty second commercial of myself. I was searching for what type of things to add in my commercial. My pitch is below:

Hi, my name is Lauren Albig. I am a senior at the University of Central Florida majoring in Finance in the College of Business. I intend to graduate in May 2015. While going to school part time I also work full time in the real estate title insurance industry. I like to volunteer for non-profits in my spare time. I'm looking to join a team that can utilize my ability to be a solutions partner. A couple of my strengths are that I am a team player and I am self motivated. If it's okay with you, I'd like to give you my resume. I'd also like to discuss the available positions at your company and what you look for in future employees.


3. "economic indicators"

I was looking for the GPO's (U.S. Government Printing Office) August economic indicators. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/ECONI-2014-08/pdf/ECONI-2014-08.pdf Economic Indicators are published every month and provides economic information on gross domestic product, income, employment, production, business activity, prices, money, credit, security markets, Federal finance, and international statistics. I love reading through the graphs, tables and charts that use time series data to compare benchmarks from the past years with the current quarter... for numerous sectors of the market.  I find it truly enchanting.


4. "gopro"

I've been researching the different GoPro cameras because I think it would be amazing to document my journey through the Disney marathon in January like this. The Disney marathon is the most magical experience I've ever had and I want others to witness just how spectacular it is.


5.  "visual dna"

If you want to procrastinate on other things, check this out: https://www.visualdna.com/quizzes/