.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

New Circumstances, New Responsibilities

          In the wake of my grandpa's death, I find myself with new responsibilities. Though family and friends have stocked her fridge and kitchen with food for the week, my grandma still wants to go on her weekly grocery store run tomorrow. So, I'll be taking her to Publix after I get out of class tomorrow afternoon. While her and I are out we'll be stopping by CVS to refill one of her prescriptions. I'm dreading the CVS stop because I'm supposed to ask the pharmacist the proper way to dispose of all of grandpa's medicine. After returning to my grandma's house, I'll likely stay and help with dinner. I'm sure she'd enjoy my company after dinner even if I plan to study for my exam that's on Thursday.

          We don't yet know when the viewing and funeral will be, which makes planning my week difficult. If it's during the week, I can still go to Texas. However, if it's next weekend, I'll cancel my trip. Hopefully, I can get a voucher of some sort for my flight if I need to so that I don't lose the money I spent on airline tickets. I know I'll be able to sell my George Strait ticket on short notice, so I'm not concerned about that. I'm going to talk to my professor tomorrow to see what options I have if the funeral happens to be at the same time as my exam on Thursday. I have class 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday from 2pm-3:50pm. I'm also going to talk to Paul, the guy that sits next to me in class, to see if he can email me his notes in the event I have to miss class.

P.S. It was nice of grandma's sisters, Nancy and Judy, to come down from Jacksonville to see grandma today.