.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Confession Time

I'm sitting in bed as I type this. The catch is that I'm supposed to be at UCF for my class that started at 2pm. I wish I could say this is the first time I've taken off work to go to school only to skip class so that I can go home to rest instead.  The thing is...I feel good, no pain, regular poop, and my energy is better than it's been in months. Why did I skip school today with the final exam tomorrow?  I don't have an excuse or rational explanation other than I didn't want to go to class. What's up with that? Depression? Grief?

I was supposed  to go parasailing with my friend, Gabriel, this Saturday, but his babysitter cancelled and he in turn cancelled our parasailing plans. Fret not, I'll be going parasailing with my sister, Kim, instead. Times like these make me thankful I don't have any kids. Don't get me wrong, I understand putting family and kids first. I'm just not at the stage in my life where I want to put others before myself. I don't typically have that kind of energy and I have too much I want to accomplish before I'll be ready for that. I totally confess that I don't know if I'll ever be ready to constantly put others first. Does this make me a bad person?