.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Treasured Day with Taylor

           I spent the day with Taylor yesterday.  It's great to see a real smile return to her face as she gets back to her old self. In a way, it kind of energized me. She's coming out of some really rough health stuff and I couldn't be happier for her. It's difficult to see someone you care for struggle and get beaten down by something out of our control.  Taylor and I really are two peas in a pod with all of our health issues. We support each other on good days and bad. We completely understand when the other isn't feeling well. There have been times when all we do while we hangout is nap. If that's not the perfect friendship for me, then I don't know what is.

           I enjoyed running some errands with her and I especially enjoyed the two and half hour nap she let me take while she did some homework. She's planning a huge 50th birthday party for her mom next month in Lake Placid. I can't wait to celebrate with them. I love Mrs. Conklin!  However, I think I'm even more excited because this will be the first event of Taylor's I'll attend. I'll get to see her in her element of being an event manager and help her however I can. Not to mention there will be an open bar.  In other news, we talked about having a going away party when she moves in two months. It's crazy to think how much I will miss her.

          We saw the movie God's Not Dead and we even watched the Gator's lose to UConn. I picked UConn in my March Madness bracket at work, so I wasn't even mad the Gator's lost. The movie had a great message: God is good all the time. It also reminded me that suffering and evil exists in this world because God allows us to have free will.  I definitely needed that message. Taylor knows I've been struggling with my faith and I'm glad she took me to see that movie. True friends point you to Jesus. I guess that means I've been a sucky friend lately.