.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Thankful for Taylor

So, I got a text from Taylor this morning that read: "I have to see you tonight to give you your gift." How lucky am I? I got to see her one last time before she leaves tomorrow! =) It made my day and yet I'm swimming in tears as I write this. This time it wasn't a pathetic goodbye. She wrote a going away parody for me based on Frozen's 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman?' She serenaded me with the karaoke music playing in the background. It's pretty much the story of our best-friendship  She even had a story script to go with the instrumental parts of the song. It's called 'Do You Want to Be My Best Friend?'

Excuse me
Do you want to be my best friend?
I know we just met
But I am new to this town and you look like a clown
Come on let’s go and play
We could be best buddies…or not…But let’s give it a try
Do you want to be my best friend?
DOOOO YOUUUU WAAANNTT TOO BEEE MYYY BEESTTT FRRIENND?
Ok bye. 

(Taylor wouldn’t give up. She kept sitting next to her in class every day. Lauren had to give in some time, right?) 

Do you want to go to Blueman Group?
Come on it’s my birthday
You don’t have to be afraid. God’s planned it this way
If only you could see the best friends we will be
As the time goes by ****** 

(Time did go by…three years. Although it did take Lauren three months to admit to being Taylor’s BEST FRIEND lol they did everything together; laughed, cried, learned from each other, and told each other their deepest secrets. There was some planking days and plenty of days teaching Taylor to get over CLOWNS. Living together was the best!  POOP POOP and more poop. Lol Taylor did most of the cooking and Lauren did most of the eating. The three years that God gave them together were the best three years ever. But now it came time for Taylor to move away and start anew. She didn’t want to leave, but she knew she had to.)

Lauren…
You know I don’t want to go
But it’s not that far away
They say have courage and I’m trying to. I’ll always be here for you
Because I love you
We’ll always have each other
Me and you
That will never change
 Do you want to be my best friend?
 
As she started singing the part that begins with "Lauren" she got choked up and couldn't finish it. My emotions were in check until I saw her lose it. The music played in the background while we shared a hug full of tears, love, gratefulness and best friend magic. Once the music stopped, I whispered, "Yes."
 
I'm extremely thankful for Taylor. Words can't even begin to explain how much she has influenced my life.  She's the kind of friend that you don't think exists until you meet them. For me, it took a while to convince me it was real even after I met her. The friendship we share is everlasting. That's comforting to know as she moves away.  My name is Lauren and Taylor is my best friend.
 
P.S. Now I'm balling like a depressed mess.