.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Small Things and Ramblings

I love when small things make me happy. I love the way the freezer section in Target lights up as it senses me coming down the aisle. It's awesome! It's a smart way to save energy and it makes the customer feel like royalty as the shelves that house the products light up at my mere presence. It's like the power I feel with automatic doors. My existence can make doors open, turn on lights, turn on sinks, and make soap and paper towels spit out! That's mad cool in my book!  My existence can also make toilets flush, but those aren't my favorite invention because they usually try to flush before I'm finished and I hate the feeling of toilet water touching my bum.


Another small thing that brings me joy is new underwear, which I just got! Fruit of the Loom, baby! That is where my happiness is at! I also recently bought new jeans. It's probably been over 5 years since I've gotten new jeans, so I was long overdue. I hate shopping and jean shopping used to always be a chore to find jeans that actually fit well and right without having to wear a belt. It was a chore until I found Express! I'm so confident in the way Express clothes fit me that I order them online. Maybe that's not a big deal, but it seems like a big deal to me because if I have to make a return, then I'll have to hassle with going to the store. The one pair of jeans I bought was $120 and the other pair was $88!!! Thankfully, they were having a jean sale and I got a discount on these prices; plus, free shipping. Yes, it's hard for me to justify spending that much on jeans, but considering how long they last and the fact that the size 8 seems to fit me while I'm on prednisone, in a bad flare or healthy I think it's worth it! This week if I'm having a bad day, it'll make it a little more bearable if I'm wearing my new undies and new jeans.

Check out this challenge. It's called 100 Happy Days. I haven't accepted the challenge, but I've been trying to find the little things that make me happy each day since I've heard about it. It's crazy how cluttered my mind can get with negativity.
http://100happydays.com/#what