.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Balance

Until the beginning of this month, I always thought that I would "marry" my job. I knew I wouldn't be marrying anything else, so it seemed like a reasonable idea at the time. I thought I could fall in love with work and live happily ever after. Replay May 2015 of working more than 50 hours a week and I quickly changed my mind. Although I want to, I no longer believe in that love anymore.  Who knows, it may exist. I just don't think I want it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still motivated to find a company to be loyal to, but in return I need appreciation and work/life balance. My personal life may not be as exciting as most, but I still need balance. I want nothing to do with any sort of matrimony whatsoever anymore. I need time for friends, family, hobbies... I need time for me. Perhaps if those 50 plus hours were condensed into 4 or 5 work days, I could deal with it because that would give me 2 or 3 days off. However, having to go to work 6 or 7 days a week is exhausting and honestly it depreciated my overall happiness in life. 

Since I don't currently have any job prospects, it looks like I have time for an epic summer love! Who wants to set me up on a blind date? I'm attractive these days. I mean, I live with my parents, I haven't been working out, and I'm soon to be jobless. The date can be human or a calendar date for a surprise adventure.