.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mental Chaos

Well, Sunday was my last day with Classic Mazda East. I finished May with 15 car sales! I hit and exceeded a bunch of sales goals and earned a bunch of bonuses, which is awesome! Honestly, over time I think I became good at selling cars. I don't mean to sound arrogant when I say that they will certainly be missing me now that I'm gone.  Why would I quit something I'm kind of good at? I'll have to dive into that answer later. I just know that I am happier now than I was prior to Sunday.

I originally thought I was going to be jobless until I found another job; however, my dad's company has been so slammed that I have picked up shifts with him all week and for the foreseeable future. At least until I can find a job where I can utilize my educational background.  I know I should be focusing on finding another job, but I could barely stand the idea of not working and not earning money. I'll be job searching and filling out applications on the weekends in order to hopefully schedule interviews during the week. So far, I don't have any job prospects, but I'm hopeful. After all, there is no motivation quite like working with family again to find a different job. I'm grateful to be working back with my dad, but I did not miss working so closely with my family.

At times my self talk gets me down because I hate that I just graduated college and I'm still working for my dad. Was it all for nothing?  Will I ever be independent? Will I have my shit together by the time I'm 30?

At times my self talk gets me pumped and makes me believe that I am going to find success. I'm smart, I'm funny, I'm charming, and I'm a hard worker. I should just take time off work to write an hour worth of a stand up comedic routine and try to tour comedy clubs and college campuses.

I am looking forward to the weekend because it will be my first weekend off in four months. Plus, it's two days off in a row. You bet your ass I have naps scheduled for this weekend. I'd love to go for a run too, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I've got to ease back into getting myself back to being me.

I'm even going on vacation in nine days. I'll be heading to Alabama with my mom to go to a family friend's daughter's wedding. I can't wait to get on the dance floor!  This is the family who graciously let us stay with them on our road trip back from Texas when I was super sick.