.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Part 3 of 3: A Wedding, Marriage, and a Gut Check

A Gut Check:

Why do I have to be cynical? Why can't I be a romantic? Why do I have to be skeptical of love? Why can't I find it easy to believe when others say that they are "in love". Dang, that phrase makes me cringe. Although I don't mind singing along with it in songs.. hmmm.

I have never been close to being in love. Perhaps I'm scared of the idea. Honestly, how can I call bullshit on love when I have never experienced it? I will try to stop judging other people's "love" out loud until I experience falling in love for myself. It won't be anytime soon. I might not understand it, but I think everybody loves differently. Maybe it's just that I don't want everyone else's kind of love. I may just have to find someone that will love to my far fetched expectations.

It's difficult to change my mindset. I'm hoping it will be liberating though.