.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hypothetically...

I frequently talk about running, training and race day strategy with my sister, Kim. Yes, we're already planning our half marathon at the end of the month. Today's discussion convinced me that I could PR at one of my upcoming half marathons and possibly even PR at the Disney marathon. Yes, there are two huge assumptions: I will stay healthy until after the marathon and I will stick to training without falling behind.  I ran 4 miles today without intervals at a 10:10 minute per mile pace. I ran 40 minutes straight with only one stop for water! Yeah, folks, I'm back!!!  I took it easy and I felt great during and after my run. The secret to obtain a personal record is for me to eliminate intervals on my long runs. If I successfully train for the rest of the month without intervals, I think I will have an opportunity to PR at either the Space Coast half or the OUC half marathon. Although I'm not certain, I think my best half time is 2 hours and 22 minutes. If I can continue to run my long runs of 13 + miles without intervals after my half marathons, I might just PR at the marathon in January. My best marathon time is 5 hours and 35 minutes. I know it's a long shot, but I think it's still possible. It's easy to see my potential when I feel well. My plan is to train for a PR, but my overall goal is still just to finish the marathon.