.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Successful Pinterest Project

When I'm not in a biting my nails phase, I love to paint my fingernails a different color every week. For some reason, I'm less likely to bite my nails if they are painted. I've never gotten a manicure. Mostly because I'm a afraid I'll get a serious infection under my nails, which will lead to me having to get my fingers amputated. I've read  the internet, and the risk is very real! Especially, with my compromised immune system.

Anyway, I learned an easy way to paint stripes on my fingernails from Pinterest. First, I painted my nails gold. After that dried, I cut thin strips of tape and placed the tape strips on my thumb nail. Once the tape was on, I painted black over my entire nail and tape strips. I pealed off the tape strips and revealed this:

Go Knights
 
 

I can't wait to try this technique with red and white polish to get a candy cane look. This was a surprisingly successful Pinterest project.