.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I'm Taking My Positivity Back

I'm taking some of my positivity back. My pharmacy didn't follow through with my doctor's office, so they aren't really helping me communicate any. My gastro's assistant didn't fax the prior authorization form to the pharmacy like she said she would, or at least the pharmacy didn't get it. So, the insurance still hasn't gotten the prior authorization from the doctor either and I still don't know if this month's dose of Cimzia, which I'm supposed to inject on the 13th, will be covered by insurance or not. 

There has to be a better way for doctors, pharmacies, and insurance companies to communicate on behalf of their customers. Would other patients hire me to be their advocate, get things done, and keep track of who is slacking on their behalf? I would totally pay someone a monthly fee to handle these kind of issues, keep me updated, and most importantly to make sure things are getting done in a timely manner. It's so annoying and stressful.