.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"I Find Myself in Love Racing the Earth"

I have a confession: I'm in love. I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop talking about it. I can't get this cheesy grin off my face. Running has captivated me all over again! It's not easy, but I don't mind working hard and pushing the wall that I've currently been facing after mile three. I can't wait to push that sucker to mile 23 and beyond. Heck, I started incorporating speed work into my training plan for fun! Soon I'll be adding hill repeats because that's really the best breakfast this side of the Mississippi.

I've been noticing the little things during my runs. The lone yellow flower at the top of the bush by a mailbox. The smell of fresh laundry. My shadow doing its best to keep up. Outside of my speed workouts, I haven't been focusing on speed. Rather, I've been focusing on going as slow as it takes to eliminate the desire for intervals.  In fact, I ran four miles on Sunday without intervals. Surprisingly, even though I've missed a couple weeks of training, I'm still on track for my scheduled four mile run this weekend. Obviously, it would be easier if I hadn't missed any runs, but I'm so happy I'm not behind schedule.

This Friday is half-day Friday at work. After my Doctor's appointment, I'm heading down South to visit Taylor. I have two runs planned while I'm down there. Saturday morning, I'm meeting one or two ladies with the South Florida Team Challenge chapter at Hollywood Beach for a run/walk on the beach.  I met them when I ran the Napa to Sonoma half marathon with Team Challenge in 2013 (Geez has it really been that long ago?).  They're super awesome and I hope to pick their brains about Remicade. Sunday morning, Taylor will be taking me to a park around the area to get in more miles.  Hopefully, these runs will help me to keep up with my training schedule in future weeks as the miles start to increase.

Sometimes I wonder how I ever let running slip away. I feel alive when I run. This time around I just need this relationship to last until November 6th.