.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Insurance and Medical Bills

Have I told you lately that I strongly dislike adult responsibilities? My new insurance plan year started over on April 1st. That means I had no money toward my deductible before my surgery. I'm looking at a $4,550 bill, which covers the anesthesia fee, facility fee, and the doctor fee. It's so frustrating to work hard to save money only to blow it on health care shit.  I could travel the world or move out of my parents house (opportunity costs), but things like this make me apprehensive to spend money. The surgery was minor in the realm of Crohn's disease. Imagine if it was seriously a major surgery. Folks my age spend money on weddings, children, spouses, relationships, happiness, and independence while I spend my chunk on wellness. It hurts my financial heart to spend money for Crohn's crap.

I did manage to get refunded for my MRI, so I'm going to try to work my magic to hopefully at least get partially refunded for the surgery.