.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Life Lesson #513

Recently, I've gotten a full grasp on the fact that there is usually more than one "right" way to do something. Adults all have their own routines. If there are only a few dishes to wash, I'll wash them by hand instead of putting them into the dishwasher. Whereas my mom will put everything into the dishwasher. You see, it doesn't matter which way you do it because the end result is the same, clean dishes. My procedures and routines aren't my way or the highway. I don't care how you get the dishes clean as long as your highway is taking you to the same destination that my way would have taken me to. However, if you tried to clean the dishes in the washing machine, I'd have to re-direct your course of action. So, correct me and offer me advice when I'm on a path that won't lead me to the desired destination.

The dishes were just a silly example. I love that my family feels free to give me their unsolicited opinions about anything you could imagine, but sometimes their narrow minded comments annoy the crap out of me. Okay, if that was true, I wouldn't be constipated right now. Anyways...

When I put my pants on in the morning, do you think I put the left leg or right leg in first? Perhaps I sit on the bed and put both legs in at the same time. Does it really matter?  Live and let live. Better yet, be open minded and you may learn something.