.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Back at My Parents' Place

Last weekend my sister Kelly and I moved out of our apartment. If I felt better, I might have stronger feelings about it. At this point, I just want to be settled even if living back with my parents doesn't thrill me like it does Kelly. We rented a U-Haul that my dad was kind of to drive for us and my mom, dad, sisters, uncle, and I moved everything from the apartment to my parents' place in four hours.

Going into the weekend I wasn't sure how much I was going to be able to help, but my butt ended up being pain free enough to do my share of the heavy lifting.  I was exhausted and didn't feel well, but by now I should be a professional at functioning under inferior health conditions. I really approached it like a marathon except I've never finished a marathon in four hours. I was ready to be done before we even started, but I somehow managed to dig deep and finish. I couldn't ask my family to pick up my slack  because I didn't want to give anyone something else to bitch about when they were already volunteering their time and energy, albeit I'm sure they felt at least 50% better than I did. After all, I'm recovering from having Mount Everest in my crack. Mount Everest is what I decided to name my first abscess.

My mom is a life saver. She certainly helped me the most with the move and I couldn't have done it without her. She has also graciously taken care of me these past two weeks and has made my life easier.