.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Boundless Energy

When I put aside all of the crap my body gives me and forget about my asshole being an asshole, I really am wonderstruck by how amazing my body can be. I got a taste of its potential this morning at the UCF race even though my bowel movements still aren't back to my normal. I took three weeks off of training for the abscess before getting in two training runs last week for today's race. I ran 4.5 miles with a 10:31 minute per mile pace. It was far from a personal record, but the fact that I was able to bypass three weeks of training and pick right back up where I left off was gratifying. I ran 3:1 intervals during the race.  When I feel well, running seems naturally effortless to me. On the course today, I felt myself falling in love all over again with running. With perfect racing weather, my shoes hit the pavement and fell into a rhythm as I inhaled and exhaled. Boundless energy fueled my muscles. I caught myself smiling during the race because bliss overwhelmed me.  I finished strong!