.

Sunday, October 8, 2017

E. Pluribus Unum

On Friday, I had the opportunity to attend the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier  - U.S. Men's National Team v Panama.  My employer gave single tickets to select employees and somehow I made the list! I sat with six co-workers. It was an absolutely incredible experience!  With all of the shit going on in our county, it was an inspiring event to witness! It gave me hope that we can still be one nation...at least we can be at a soccer match, which could be insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Typically, I would only see something like this on T.V.


To kick things off, both national anthems played and the crowd around me showed respect to both anthems. 

"This is an optimistic piece for trying times. A celebration of strength in diversity that is
the United States at its best. Both the patterns on the scarves and the players on the team come from
diverse backgrounds but work towards a common ideal. We can succeed if and only if we work
together towards the greater good. E. pluribus Unum! Join or Die! I believe that we will win!"

USA won 4 to 0. Every goal brought an adrenaline rush and another round of beer! I imagine attending the Olympics would feel something like this! I have a lot of people to thank at work tomorrow for that ticket!