.

Sunday, October 8, 2017

My Upcoming Appointment at the Cleveland Clinic

Next Sunday, I'll be heading down to south Florida to stay the night before my appointment at the Cleveland Clinic on Monday, October 16th.  Before I received an appointment reminder in the mail from the Cleveland Clinic, I was just going through the motions. This was just another appointment for me to waste time before actually having to pull the trigger and schedule surgery. Yes, I know I already did that tentatively. I wasn't expecting a different/valuable recommendation. I wasn't expecting to like the Cleveland Clinic better than my current colorectal (I'm sure you can read why in a previous post). However, the doctor listed on my appointment reminder is not the same doctor on the referral order my new gastro gave me. Go ahead, click on the links and be sure to read the first sentence under the About Steven Wexner, MD Section.  I now have an appointment with the "Director of the Digestive Disease Center at Cleveland Clinic Florida and Chairman of the Department of Colorectal Surgery"!

I'm not sure if I should be concerned that my appointment is not with the doctor my gastro referred me to, or if it even matters. Is my prognosis so terrible that they switched me to Dr. Wexner, the Director and Chairman? I do know that I find myself having more expectations for the appointment than I did previously. Now, I'm expecting an extremely valuable recommendation. Dr. Wexner is at the top of his field! I'm actually excited about this appointment. I don't think I'm going to call my new gastro to inquire about why I'm seeing a different doctor than the one he referred me to.  After October 16th, I hope to have full confidence in whichever medical/surgical path I choose to take.