.

Friday, September 29, 2017

I Tentatively Set a Date

I finally received the results from the drug level and antibody test. My levels were great and no antibodies were detected, which was a huge relief!  Remicade has changed my life and I'm thrilled the results correlated with how well I've felt since I started taking it.

My second opinion appointment at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, FL is scheduled for Monday, October 16th. I'm not sure what to expect, but I do know I'm not very optimistic about it.

Now, for the biggest announcement of this post: My bowel resection surgery has been tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, December 6th with my current colorectal. Since it's easier to cancel an appointment than it is to schedule one, I wanted to start the scheduling process so that I have a date to plan around. Even though it's highly unlikely, I might cancel the surgery date if I decide to have the second opinion colorectal operate on me instead. Currently, I'm awaiting confirmation that the urologist and my current colorectal can coordinate their schedules for that date.

The reality of surgery is slowly starting to sink in. No matter how much I hate that this is happening, there isn't anything I can do to change it. I'm stuck in this slow dance with Crohn's disease and the song will not end.  As December 6th approaches, I'm sure it will get more difficult to accept.  It's already harder to accept today than it was yesterday, but that is likely because I set a date.