.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Top Twenty

          I had an interview today to be considered for the Financial Executives International distinguished student award. Last week, I got an email from one of my old professors, Dr. Sturm, informing me to send him a copy of my resume and cover letter to be considered for the award. I found out today that only the top twenty finance students and the top twenty accounting students at UCF received that email.  I am one of the top twenty finance students at UCF! Holy cave turds, Batman! Someone pinch me. From everyone that emailed him a resume and cover letter, he picked the top candidates to come in for an interview, that's me! Honestly, I'm flattered to be recognized as one of the top twenty finance students at UCF. It would be absolutely amazing to win the award, but I'll feel like a winner even if it goes to someone else.
               
              When I started college back in the spring of 2009, my greatest fear was failing. Along the way a professor taught me that the only way to fail college is to stop trying. I could have never dreamed of the amount of success I have had in my college career so far. I graduated with an A.A. having a 4.0 GPA. Now, I’m being recognized as one of the top twenty finance students at UCF. It’s unfathomable to me.  I truly believe that if I can do, anybody can do it. I’m here to tell you that hard work will get you far. Sure, brains help, but hard work has been to the key to my success thus far.  I’m not saying it’s easy. I’m saying it’s worth it. I hope that my success inspires someone to give college a try.