.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Miss Write


One of my hobbies is writing. I like to write anything that's nonsense to thought provoking. I use writing as a release. It’s another one of my endless therapies. Here’s a quote from Flannery O’Connor, “I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.”  I use writing as way to work out my feelings and thoughts about life.  I pen my feelings in poems. I scribe fictional short stories from prompts I find online to help satisfy my craving to be creative. I commit ink to a page in order to scream at the world without letting a sound escape my lips. I scribble about the people in my life.  Of all of the writing I’ve done in the past few years I don’t have much to show for it because I rarely save anything I write. The therapeutic part of writing for me is getting it onto paper and letting it go. Whether it goes by way of the delete button or a basketball shot into the trash can, it usually goes. My writing makes me feel vulnerable and I think throwing it out is the way I protect myself from criticism. I don’t make a habit of writing for others, I write for myself. Perhaps, someday soon I’ll throw caution to the wind and share one of my writings. In fact, I vow to share the next fictional short story I write using a prompt from the Internet. Let’s just hope I don’t forget to share it before it’s deleted from existence.