.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Round of Exams Complete for Spring of 2014

          Every semester, exams usually come in waves or rounds as I like to call them.  This semester is no different. Each of my three classes will have three exams each. I survived the first round of exams this past week. I took an exam in all three of my classes in less than a week of each other. Rounds two and three will be the same way.

          I wasn’t sure how I was going to manage all of the information I had to learn at once. I was especially uncertain of how I was going to pound out the hours of studying between each exam without time to recover between them.  Somehow I did it! I survived the first round of exams in Business Law, Financial Models and Quantitative Business Tools II (Statistics) with a 90%, 88% and an 86%, respectively. I knew by taking three classes instead of two that my grades would probably be affected. Of course, I wish I scored an ‘A’ on all of them.  However, I know how much work I have put into juggling these three classes so far and honestly I’m happy with the results.  I’m one credit hour shy of being considered a full time student this semester. Plus, I’m working 30 hours a week. Oh yeah, and I’m training for my 4 half marathons in March. I’m trying to make some time for friends and family, but it’s difficult.  I’m already exhausted from this semester. I’m looking forward to spring break just to catch up. Some days I wish I could buy more time so that I could get all my work done. It’s like I’ve found myself in a sprint at the beginning of a marathon. The marathon represents this semester and the sprint represents the unrelenting progress of these three classes. Round one down and rounds two and three to go! I need a nap!