.

Monday, February 8, 2016

I'm 28 Going on 78

I am so loved! I got tons of birthday wishes from co-workers, friends, and family. My supervisor and co-workers really made me feel special on Friday. My supervisor decorated my office. The VP of Finance took everyone in the department (there were 14 of us) out for my birthday lunch at Olive Garden. We took a two hour lunch and I enjoyed every minute of it. Even the part where everyone sang me happy birthday. Later in the afternoon, my supervisor called me out into the accounting area to teach one of the interns something about coding, which was just a ploy to get me out of my office. Everyone had gathered around the accounting area. She had an awesome cookie cake that said "Happy birthday Lauren" on it and gave me a card that everyone signed with their birthday wishes and another card with a gift card from Wharton-Smith. We spent another 45 minutes to an hour chatting about babies, potty training, pregnancy, and cats before returning back to work. Seriously, they went above and beyond to make me feel special on my birthday.

After work on Friday, I met Taylor, her boyfriend Kenny, and his best friend Trenton at The Thai Blossom Restaurant in Winter Garden. It was absolutely delicious! Kenny and Trenton have such a bromance that they ordered the exact same tea, the exact same entrĂ©e, and the exact same dessert. It was comical. I enjoyed catching up with Taylor and exploring winter garden after dinner. We all went back to Taylor and Kenny's hotel room where we played Poop, the card game Taylor got me for my birthday. Toilets were clogged and everyone had a crap load of fun. I also showed off the poo emoji socks, poo emoji coffee mug, and a book about "Mind Blowing Ways to Poop" that Taylor got me for my birthday.

Thanks to everyone that sent birthday wishes via technology like text, voice mail, or facebook.

I spent Saturday at Downtown Disney, nka, Disney Springs, which I think is a stupid name change so I still call it Downtown Disney. Kim and I hung out with Taylor, Kenny, and Trenton in the early afternoon before Kelly, Leigha, Mom, and Savanna arrived for our reservation at T-Rex. I was home and in bed by 8pm. The past 2 days had caught up to me and I was worn out.

It may have been something I ate, or it may have been Crohn's that caused me to visit the bathroom every 2-3 hours in the middle of the night. It's hard to be mad at shitting that often when my bowel movements were as lovely as they were. I think they were about as perfect as they could get. Still, it's hard to feel rested after waking up so frequently in the middle of night. I spent most of the day in bed on Sunday, but I did get up to see the movie, 13 Hours with Kim. I saw Lady Gaga sing the National Anthem for the Super Bowl and then I took a bubble bath. I'm trying to get my ass ready for my appointment at the end of the week, but it's not cooperating. I have a rash on my cheek, and a zit, at least I'm convincing myself it's not another abscess, down below, in between my crack and close to the problem hole. I think it hurts, but maybe I'm just feeling ghost pain. It's not really there, right?  I'm so anxious about Friday that it's ridiculous. I have bitten all of my nails. I don't want to go. I'm hoping they call to reschedule again, but time's running out.