.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Another Step Forward

Over the weekend, I updated my resume and wrote a cover letter. I gave my resume and cover letter to my supervisor to review and give me feedback before I submit it for the position I'm applying for. It was nerve wracking because I talked myself up real nicely on my cover letter and I wondered what would happen if she doesn't think as highly of me as I do. Although she has never said anything to back up that irrational fear. It turns out, she was really impressed with my resume and cover letter. She suggested a couple changes, but mostly she just had ideas of things I could add or re-word for consistency at my discretion. Thankfully, she seemed to agree with all of the fluff I wrote about myself. After all, I am pretty awesome. I'm proud of the cover letter I wrote, so if you want to peruse it, let me know and I'll send you a copy to read along with the job description for the position I'm applying for.

I plan to submit my resume and cover letter tomorrow, and then my goal this week is to start answering practice interview questions I found online so that I'll be prepared once I'm scheduled for an interview. I know my supervisor will be a solid reference for me, but I'm apprehensive since they will be interviewing people outside the company who perhaps have more experience.  Nonetheless, I will do my best to get it.