.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Fun Times

Update: I think I'm back to "normal" as I've only pooped a couple times today. I'm feeling good and I hope it continues. Btw, my dad cleaned the bathroom for me. I owe him one!

Finally, I can blog about girls weekend without the fear of pooping myself. Let me start by saying that I had four days off in a row!!!! I can't remember the last time that happened.

Thursday was absolutely incredible! Even though my rental car wasn't the convertible I booked, I picked up Taylor around 5:15pm and we headed to Miami for the Shania Twain concert. On the way, we mostly talked and caught each other up on our lives. Not much to catch up on since we just talked for a few hours on the phone the night before. We got to the arena early and we were giddy in our seats playing around on Dubsmash to waste time. Once the concert started we sang along with every song. We acted like we were serenading each other, screamed like fan girls, and danced like no one was watching! The night lived up to my expectations, which is to say it was a night I won't forget.

Friday, we returned my rental car and then headed to the hotel for girls weekend. After we checked in early, Taylor and I ate at Lola's. I had an amazing blackened dolphin sandwich. We got a huge brownie to share and that brownie lasted the whole weekend. It was excellent. Once we got back to the hotel we took a nap, and then we lounged by the pool while we waited for Brittany and Kelly to arrive. I enjoyed lounging because it was the only time during the weekend that I read The Martian. It's one hell of a good book. By the time we changed and I jokingly did Taylor's hair, Kel and Britt had arrived. We went to some Tiki place for dinner and it had the perfect atmosphere to set the tone for the weekend. When we got back to the hotel, we played games for hours and danced. It was great to have good old classic fun.

Saturday, we went to the beach. While there we played with a beach ball and Frisbee. Heck, I even joined the ladies in the ocean. The water was clear because there weren't many waves, which I loved. After the beach, we grabbed lunch and took showers, and then headed to the mall. I was exhausted, so I took a nap after the mall. To no avail I woke super fatigued. My stomach hurt, but I just thought it was gas pain. Anyways, I sucked it up and we went bowling and sang karaoke. I won both games of bowling with a 117 and Taylor pointed out my Taco Bell order # on the way back to the hotel was 117. Those numbers don't mean anything to me, but I thought it was weird.

Sunday, we went to the beach and headed home. For me, overall, this weekend was the relaxation I needed and great bonding time with amazing friends. I am noticing though that I don't feel as fun as I used to be. Is that a sign of getting old or just not feeling 100%? I want to have more energy. I don't want going to the beach to feel like it costs me half of my day's spoons.