.

Monday, January 26, 2015

What a Week

My first full week at my new job started today!  I spent it at human resources to attend a sales training meeting with Tom Ryan. He is a master of selling! I can't wait to learn more from him in February. Today he discussed the automotive industry, greetings ("No one will buy a car from you if they think you're a creep."), identifying needs, product presentation, demo drives, trial closes, closes, tension in relationships, how to handle objections, and many other topics. Sales training was rich with useful information. When we were given an hour for lunch, three other sales people (Mohammed, Eddy, and Meagan)  from Classic Mazda introduced themselves and invited me to lunch with them. It was great getting advice from them and getting to know a few of my new co-workers. I'm off tomorrow and then I work Wednesday through Saturday at Classic Mazda to work on getting Mazda certified.

I'm in the middle of writing my 10-K report. I've got eight pages and I'm sure by the time I'm finished I'll have about 18. I have a meeting with my professor tomorrow after class so that he can give me some feedback on what I have for my report so far. Hopefully, I'm heading in the right direction because the 10-K report is due in a week. I've been working my butt off because I want to have it finished Thursday night so that I won't have to work on it while Taylor's here this weekend. Since I'll be working while she's here I want to be able to spend non working hours hanging with her, not writing a report.   I can dream can't I?