.

Monday, March 31, 2014

A New Level

          I hesitate to publish this because I know I've experienced worse health than my current state. Shouldn't I just shut up and be thankful for feeling better? Am I really sure I'm feeling better?  I know my past self would have given anything to feel like I do now, but now that I'm here I want to feel even better. Why settle for anything in life, right? I personally know others who are currently experiencing worse symptoms of IBD than I am. One lady has had numerous surgeries and only has a very small part of her small intestine left. She is recovering from a stroke and she isn't older than 35.  How can I let others hear me get down about my health when I really don't have it that bad?

          Now that you know where I'm coming from, I'm trying to justify this post. I don't want to minimize what I go through, so I won't anymore on this blog. I've reached a new level. I've decided I'm going to start looking at my health like I look at my running. I will only compare myself with myself because there will always be others worse off and there will always be others better off than I am. I can't promise not to be occasionally jealous of the healthy people in my life though. Call me a wimp, but what I've  been through and continue to go through is not always easy to deal with.

         Part of that new level is for me to go "deeper" as my one friend says. Deeper into my health. It isn't socially acceptable to talk about farts, butts, poop and constipation to list a few unspeakable subjects. These are all things my life revolves around and I will soon dive right into these subjects. I usually cope these unglamorous subjects with humor. I think it helps to take the edge off how uncomfortable it is for others to hear about it.  I have five people that invite me to tell them anything I want. The blessed souls are Taylor, Kim, Brittany, Veronica and my mom. Yes, I'll keep them updated on major events and things about this poop disease called Crohn's. Honestly, I would feel like a burden if I shared all of my thoughts, concerns, fears and frustrations with them because it really is never ending. It annoys me and I don't want to be annoying, so I'll just be annoying on here. This is the gateway to future posts with TMI. Don't say I didn't warn you.