.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

When to Graduate, or Not to Graduate...

          I thought I had convinced myself to work hard in order to graduate in December. However, after struggling to keep afloat while taking three classes this semester, I'm thinking of not graduating until May 2015. Maybe I wouldn't be having as much trouble keeping up with school if I felt better for most of the semester, but I'm still waiting for that better feeling. I hate excuses. I hate reality. I would love to sprint towards graduation in December and jump start the next chapter of my life. Sometimes I feel ready for it and sometimes I don't. Where will I find the energy to write my next chapter? For now, I'm going to focus on the positives of graduating in May because I think it would be rejuvenating to take my time to graduate and save the sprint for my next chapter.

          As long as I pass my three classes this semester I'll only need to take six classes in order to graduate. I've registered for two classes in the summer. One in term A and one in term B, which are six weeks each. Both are senior level classes that have horrible ratings for the professors, so they will be anything but easy.  I've also registered for three classes in the Fall. That leaves only one class left, which I have to take in my graduating semester and I have to go in to have an advisor register for me. Hopefully, I'll get around to see an advisor next week. When I do, I'll see about taking the class in the fall to bring my load up to four classes (I can't even fathom taking four classes right now) and I'll see about taking it in the Spring. My trip to the advisor will decide when I'll be graduating. Now, I'm leaning towards May.

          Regardless of when I end up graduating, it's exciting to think about actually earning my undergraduate in finance. It's always seemed like an unattainable dream that I thought about giving up on more than I'd care to admit. This is a big deal to me. No matter how cool I act about it, I'm freaking out on the inside. Now, when I think of quitting, I tell myself that I've come too far to throw it away. Plus, I'm actually kind of good at this whole school thing even if I screw up a few times. The fact that I hate it most of the time doesn't seem to correlate to my progress. I've been thinking of how I want to celebrate. Who'd I'd invite to my graduation party. It likely won't be a party suited for grandma. I can't wait to be a U.C.F. alumni!