.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

My Badass is Ready to Live My Dream!

You guys, this it! This is going to be my last blog before I conquer the NYC Marathon. Race day is eight days away. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whirlwind of emotions that have been washing over me. All of my training comes down to one day, Sunday, November 6th, 2016. There are enough people planning to track me on race day, from co-workers, family, and friends, that it should help encourage me to push through "the wall" when/if I hit it because I know everyone will be watching (tracking) me.  No pressure, right? A part of me loves the attention and another part of me wishes no one knew.

Some things that make me anxious:
  • Daylight Savings Time ends the morning of the race, which means time changes at 2AM on November 6th, race day.
  • There is a chance of rain on race day. Wet shoes and wet socks are the perfect breeding ground for blisters. Blisters and Marathons are not good friends.
  • Aunt Flow could fuck things up.
  • The hills and bridges are a bit intimidating.
Some things that make me excited:
  • Cooler weather will give me the chance to run my optimal race.
  • Frank Sinatra's song 'New York' playing as I cross the start line.
  • The energy of the crowd.
  • Central Park will be beautiful to run through with the leaves of the trees changing color this time of year.
  • Seeing Taylor cheer for me in the Grandstand seats as I near the finish line.
  • The sweet taste of victory as I cross the iconic finish line of the TCS NYC Marathon. (I cried as I typed the last sentence.)
On March 8th, when I found out I got into the NYC Marathon, I couldn't run a 5k without struggling. So if you think you could never run a marathon, think again because I'm proof anything is possible with hard work. Since March, I've worked my butt off to prepare for this race. I even overcame some health issues in April and started new medicine in May. Failure is not an option. I'm healthy, I'm strong, and my badass is ready to live my dream!