.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Yay for Today

I woke up around 11pm with a killer cramp in foot/toe. The pain was unreal. Tears were streaming down my face as I hopped out of bed to see if anyone was still awake. I saw the light on and I called for my mom. She must have heard it in my voice because she came running and helped me to the couch to prop my foot up. She gave me a yoga band to try to stretch out the cramp. The pain went away and then the pain came back several times. My mom woke my dad to come give his advice because he sometimes gets leg cramps. When the pain went away one time, my dad started to massage my foot and the pain never came back at that moment. He also gave me a potassium supplement that he takes. Yay for parents!

The killer foot/toe pain woke me up again around 3am. I knew no one else would be awake, so I just stayed in bed, cried, cringed, and moaned with the on and off pain. I tried massaging my own foot when the pain went away and it didn't work. The pain came back. I finally decided to stand up on my cramping foot when the pain went away and somehow that did the trick. I then walked to the kitchen and ate a banana. I haven't had a foot/toe cramp since. Yay me! 

I've only been to the bathroom 4 times today and my BMs were kind of formed. I skipped lunch today and I had more energy after work than I have had in a while. Ya'll, not only did I take a shower, but I also shaved my legs and I'm still awake. Side note: I did eat dinner. Yay for energy!

The biggest and best surprise of the day came when my long time friend, Brittany, sent me a message. It said, "We care about you." Attached were two photos letting me know that she and her family donated to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. This made me cry the happiest of tears and it even made me smile. It made me feel so loved and cared about, which is exactly what I needed today. Shout out, Britt! Thank you!!!! She even calmed my nerves and gave me good advice for the MRI. I'm just going to try to relax and nap. We all know I'm good at that. I can sleep anywhere.  Yay for amazing friends!