.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Goodbye, September

I don't know what procrastination says about a person, but I do know I am an expert at procrastinating. If I had the energy, I would probably be stressed. I'm not stressed, just irriated that people can't do their jobs right. I have no trouble sleeping and I don't feel worried. Perhaps I'm depressed...

After leaving five messages with my nurse over a 9 day period to get a prior authorization for Cimzia, she still hadn't returned my calls or submitted the prior authorization like I requested. So, I sent my mom to the gastro office to get some answers. I sent my mom with a copy of my ID, new insurance card, and a patient disclosure form authorizing her to access my medical records. It turns out the nurse didn't call back because she didn't think the prior authorization was necessary since she gave a prior authorization for me last year. Can you believe that shit? My mom told her that she should have at least called me back to let me know she didn't feel like doing her job. Thankfully, my mom got the nurse to transfer the prior authorization from last year to my new insurance. I don't understand why the nurse couldn't just give a new prior authorization because that would last longer.

The pharmacy finally let me schedule delivery for my Cimzia, and said that insurance approved the prior authorization. Although during my first attempt today to schedule delivery, the pharmacy said that the prior authorization had been cancelled. Nobody seems to know what they're doing. I guess if Cimzia arrives when I scheduled the delivery, none of it matters.

In other news, while my car was getting leather installed they broke a bolt when they were putting the driver's seat back into the car. Now, they have to keep it in service to fix it. At least they gave me a free rental car. Plus, the leather looks and smells amazing, so it'll be worth it.