.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Absolutely Amaze-Balls

Someone pinch me! Graduation is in 37 days!!!  Yes, I am counting down the days! It is finally starting to seem real even though about half of the possible points in my class are still up for grabs. I have placed my order to rent my cap and gown. I have scheduled a graduation/senior photo shoot. I just received the class ring that I custom designed back in February and it is absolutely amaze-balls!



Around the black onyx it says "University of Central Florida." On the right side of the ring is "BS" for Bachelor of Science degree and it also says "Finance" on a ribbon next the symbol for business. On the left side of the ring is my school's crest above "15" which stands for 2015, the year I'm graduating. I had my full name engraved on the inside of the ring. My mom questioned why I had my last name engraved. To which I responded that it will be the name on my diploma and I have no intention to ever get married, so it made sense to put my full name on the ring. 

It's my first real piece of jewelry. It's 10K gold. Honestly, I'm not sure what that means... I just chose that gold because it was the cheapest. Even though I'm not that into regular jewelry, I am so proud to be earning the degree engraved on the ring! I selected the black onyx stone because my school colors are black and gold and since the ring is gold, it made sense to have a black stone to compliment it. I am very happy I decided to reward myself for all of my hard work in school by buying the ring.

I don't think it's bad luck to start wearing the ring before I graduate, so I've already started wearing it as encouragement to finish strong.